Friday, June 24, 2011

Emma is 3 Months Old!

I'm not sure where the past 3 months have gone! Emma has grown so much, and she can do so many wonderful things! She rolled over on accident the other night, and it surprised her as much as it did us! She is the light of our lives, and she has definitely touched many lives besides ours.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of losing dad, and it has been a very sad day for me. I look at Emma and think about all the things he would have loved about her. I think of the songs he would have sung, the faces he would have made, and the silly voices he would have created just to get a smile. He would have taught her so many things, and he would have loved every moment with her. I feel a bit robbed today I guess. Mike and I tried for so many years to have a baby--to be the parents we dreamed of being. Dad was always there to support us and listen to us cry. He was confident that we would see that dream come true, and he always believed we would have a baby girl. I think that was his dream for us.

So now my job as a mommy is a little bit bigger. It's my job to make the silly voices and faces. I will sing the Playmate song to her as many times as she wants. I will cherish every moment, and I will tell her all about her Grandpa. It won't be the same as actually knowing him, but it will have to do for now.

Happy 3 month birthday Emma Jayne! We all love you so much, and we look forward to many more exciting months and years with you as our little girl!

1 comment: