Friday, June 3, 2011

Moving into June

What a lovely few weeks! The weather has been nice, though sometimes a bit warm for my taste, and Emma has been able to spend time with her Aunt Amy and her Grammy! She is sleeping through the night really well now! I feel quite spoiled! She usually goes down between 9 and 10, though tonight she was out by 8! Most days she sleeps until 6am, but she has had a few 7am mornings. I'm not sure how long she will sleep tonight. She had such fun with Grammy that she was completely exhausted! She was hungry but too tired to eat. She would fall asleep and then wake up crying before falling right back asleep. That's what fresh air will do to a baby!

She had her 2 month check-up and is growing wonderfully! She's 12 pounds 3 ounces and 22 inches long! The doctor says she looks great! She had to get 3 shots, which made her cry her first real tears. It broke my heart, but I held it together! We spent a lot of time snuggling after that!

She is focusing more on her toys as well as faces. My mom noticed today that she focuses on faces of stuffed animals too. She was completely enthralled with the face on her froggy bag. She has been sucking on her hands and arms a lot lately. In fact, she gave herself a bruise yesterday from sucking so hard on her forearm! Silly girl! She is grasping toys a bit and even pulled her teething ring to her mouth. I have a feeling we'll see her first tooth in the next month or two, but we shall see!

Mike has to go back to work in another week. I think he's dreading it. I feel bad, but I know we will still have a great summer. He gets out early enough that we can still do things in the afternoon and evening. We went to visit with Emma's daycare provider last night. She is wonderful, and I know Emma will love it there! She starts going once a week on the 14th of this month. Thankfully, my friend Kim is taking her girls the same day! She can distract me from my sadness! :)

I love to watch Emma change and grow every day. I am amazed at the things she learns and how quickly it happens! I've always spent time around children, but I've never had the chance to watch a baby every day. It is truly a miracle! I never get sick of looking at her, which is why only one room has been dusted in the past few weeks! Ah well. Dust comes back. These moments with Emma won't. It's precious while it lasts, and I want to take advantage of every moment.

1 comment:

  1. Dust? Eh, no biggie. Cuddle her up and forget it, I always say. :)

    ReplyDelete