Thursday, June 16, 2011

Emma is Growing Fast!

Our little Emma is growing so fast! I have always said that I love every stage of infant development, and that's the truth. I love to see the new things she can do every day! There are some days, though, that I miss those first weeks home. I feel like I don't remember anything because it was so new and crazy! I was exhausted and nervous and scared that the birth mom would change her mind. I know I was attached to Emma the moment she was born, but it was still so scary. Luckily, we are past that now. We continue our wonderful relationship with Emma's birth family, and she is ours.

She is quickly moving into her 3-6 month clothes--her toes stretch the limits of her 0-3 month sleepers! She can hold her head up like a pro, and she loves to "stand" on everybody's laps! Today we ran some errands, and she was so happy to see her "friend" in her mirror. It was adorable! In fact, she really had a good time with her crib mirror while playing on the floor today. I think she's finally seeing the joy of looking at herself even if she doesn't know who that adorable baby is yet! She's sucking on her hands like a maniac! Did I mention she gave herself a little bruise on her arm from sucking on it so hard! Crazy girl!

She is so happy. All the time. She smiles and makes all sorts of noises. She is an absolute joy, and I am lucky to be her mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment