Saturday, March 24, 2012

We Made It! Emma's a Year Old!

Well, we made it a full year with our lovely Emma. We waited so long to have her in our arms; each year seemed to take a decade. The funny thing is that this year flew by so fast! I know I've said it before, but I'm still amazed at how fast time can truly fly. Emma had a wonderful birthday. I took a personal day to hang out with her, Grammy, and Aunt Amy. Her birth mom and birth sister came the night of her birthday because her birth mom couldn't come the day of the party. It was nice. We had dinner and opened a couple presents.

Party day was pretty great too! Aunt Amy and I did massive cleaning and got everything ready to go. Emma slept until about 8:30, which was great! She played while we did last minute prep. Grammy got here around 12:00, right before Emma's lunch, bath, and nap. People started showing up about 3:00. Guests included: Great-Grandma Jakubas, Grandpa and Grandma Sibley, Aunt Amy, Grammy, Aunt Katie, Uncle Rohn, Liam, her birth sister, birth uncle, birth grandparents, and The Ramos Clan! We had yummy sloppy joes for lunch/dinner, opened gifts, ate cake, and then played outside for a while! It got chilly, so we went inside. Emma was very sad. She loves playing outside! Eventually she got pajamas on and had a bottle before going down for the night. It was a very full and exciting day! She got so many nice toys and clothes. She is a very loved little girl!

We are putting together a memory box for her to open on her 18th birthday. I hope we can get lots of notes to her to put inside. I know all of our family and friends couldn't join us for her party, so I'm hoping to carry some note cards in the diaper bag for a while. If you're interested in putting a note in her box, let me know! I'm hoping it gives her a picture of how loves she is and how much she means to everyone!

It's been fun, but I'm exhausted! It's almost midnight and finally time for bed. Tomorrow is lunch with the family before Amy heads back to Chicago. Then the week begins again! Her one year check-up is Monday, so that will be interesting! Only another week before we leave for Tennessee! Life is never dull, and I cherish every moment. I've waited a lifetime for these moments, and I am so lucky to have Emma and Mike to share this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment