Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Fun Day Filled with Challenges!

Today was so much fun, but it had its moments! Emma is definitely finding her "voice" as she gets closer to her first birthday. She hates having you hold her hand! She doesn't want anyone leading her anywhere--she wants to run the show! The weather was lovely, and I was hoping to get her picture taken at Kmart. They have an Olan Mills studio. She was looking all cute in her skirt and top with the cupcakes. Just as we were finally ready to leave, she tripped and sat in the dogs' water dish. *sigh* Water was everywhere, she was soaked, and she kept slipping and falling in the water. The trip to Kmart was fairly uneventful, thank goodness, but she wasn't able to get her picture taken today. It'll get done, but we won't have anything for her party. I decided to make a "quick" trip to the grocery store, knowing that she was in need of food and a nap. Silly me! Needless to say, we went to the store farther away from us, so she could get a cat nap in the car. Shopping was fine. She had a granola bar in the checkout line. Home for lunch and unloading groceries before heading to a birthday party. All was fine until she decided to throw her sippy cup on the floor. I really did almost cry over the spilled milk. *sigh* As I got everything in the car for the party, I realized I STILL hadn't eaten today!

On a bright note, the party was great fun! I got to eat something too! The weather was perfect. Emma could run and play with the kids, which she loved--until we had to go home. Her temper is truly showing these days! Home for a quick nap, bath, dinner, playtime, and bed. Mike has been working for 21 days straight. He's exhausted. On days like today, though, I feel like a marathon runner. A very out of shape marathon runner at that!

Guess I better switch the laundry, so I can get to bed! She'll be ready to go, and I have to be ready for her! Love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment