Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Fun!

So, Emma's 19 months old now. She went for her 18 month check-up this week, and she's right on track with everything! The doctor asked lots of questions about her development, and I think she's just about perfect. I may be a bit biased though! She's such a funny bug, and I love seeing all the new things she can do! Though I've spent a lot of time with kids, it's definitely a new experience to see her changing right in front of our eyes! It's amazing to see her learning new things so quickly. She is playing pretend a lot more lately: feeding her baby, wrapping her up in a blanket, making "food" and feeding it to us, etc... She babbles constantly, but she also has a TON of words that she says. The doctor asked how many, and I couldn't even come up with a number. I really need to write them down! She has started saying, "Mony, mony, ed!" She says 'mony' for 'monkey.' I finally realized she was trying to say party of the "5 Little Monkeys" chant that we do ALL the time! The 'ed' part was for 'bed.' Crazy! Of course, last week she decided to try out for the part of one of the monkeys. She climbed up on the bed, started jumping, fell off, and yes...bumped her head. She's fine. A few tears, but nothing too major.

Today she opened up our tall pantry cabinet, stood behind the door, and tried to pull it closed. She did this a week or so ago and came out when Mike came inside. She wanted to scare him! Today, he was at work. However, she hid and said, "Dada, are you?" I'm pretty sure she was asking where he was. She did it to Eddie our dog too! She saw Peanut but not Eddie. She called out, "Eddie, are you?" It was just about the sweetest thing ever!

She's growing up so fast, which is fun and hard at the same time. I want to freeze time, but I know I can't. I try to soak it all up, but sometimes life gets in the way of that too. I guess we just have to do the best we can, and when she says, "Mama! Are you?!" I'll be right there to say, "Here I am!"


No comments:

Post a Comment